Whether you’re Middle Eastern or not, I am sure you’re familiar with our traditional wear “The Abaya”. Abayas are way more than just free-flow maxi dresses; they are pieces of art that can morph and take any shape according to the eye and vision of the designer. Growing up, I watched my mom wearing different abayas before leaving the house, so looking at her, I always had the desire to wear Abaya when I grow up.
For me, the Abaya was always the symbol of elegance, and still is. Here are 7 reasons why I/we love Abaya in this part of the world:
- It signifies my culture and represents my Holy Islamic religious views.
- I can wear any comfortable dress (even a pajama) yet still look sophisticated.
- Wearing Abaya, I don’t need to think about the dress code relevant to any particular event.
- The Abaya makes my makeup, shoe, and bag pop. It is also super versatile and goes with any color and style especially when it’s a black Abaya.
- Abaya girls take no time getting ready (yes girls like this DO EXIST).
- It goes with any body shape even when I gain wait at times 😉 (but let’s hope I don’t *wink*).
- Since I am so obsessed with jewellery, my Abayas goes along very well with any style I choose and for any occasion as well.
So naturally I simply fell in love with the Beauty of the Abaya. It’s truly a piece of art that’s easy to wear and manipulate at will; all while being a representative of who we are and what we’re about in the Middle East.